Summer is the perfect time to relax, lay on the beach, and spend time in the sun. It’s also a great time to—you guessed it—read! I love being in a good book, but I often struggle to find my next read. If you’re the same way, have no fear! Below are some of my favorites, with a variety of genres.
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
- Eat Pretty by Jolene Hart
- Before I Fall by Lauren Conrad
- The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
- Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- Style by Lauren Conrad
- Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
- Nectar in a Sieve by Kamala Markandaya
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
If you don’t own any of these books, don’t worry. Rent from the library! I do this all the time if I’m not sure I’m going to like the book. In terms of buying books, I either like to buy brand new, supporting my local book store, or I simply buy used books from a store that resells books. Sometimes it’s not necessary to buy 100% new books! Selling your old books is also a great way to get rid of your old books and make money… as they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure!