Summer and the beach are the perfect pair. Laying out on a towel, soaking up the sun, and playing in the water are the perfect activities for summer. Here’s my “checklist” for beach bag essentials…
- Magazines – For some reason, I’d so much rather flip through a magazine at the beach than read a book. They’re a lighter read, and you don’t have to pay full attention when you read them. Choose magazines you like; I love the fashion and fitness ones, such as Self, Shape, Glamour, Seventeen, and Teen Vogue. If you don’t like magazines, feel free to bring your book.
- Cards – Playing a card game is actually so much fun when you’re at the beach with friends. There’s so many times when we’re all on our towels, and I realize it would be the perfect time to play cards, yet I forgot to pack them
- Sunscreen – It’s super important to protect your skin. Trust me, you’ll get ta without even trying. Nothing is worth looking like a lobster and damaging your skin… it’s happened too many times to me.
- Sunglasses – The beach is always the sunniest, so these are an essential.
- Hat – A hat is so easy to throw in your bag. It doesn’t take up much room, so if you don’t wear it, it’s totally fine. Hats are nice to have when you want to cool down but still be in the sun.
- Towel – Obviously needed to lay down and soak up the sun.
- Water bottle – You’d be surprised how thirsty you get being at the beach! Water will make you feel ten times better. When I was younger, my babysitter would always tell us if we were thirsty, we were already dehydrated. Water is important even when you’re not feeling thirsty!
- Speakers or earbuds – Either of these are perfect for listening to music. It makes the day even better.
- Lemon juice – It’s told that putting lemon juice on your hair makes it lighter. This is so much fun to do—something that’s reserved for summer! I believe it works best if you put lemon juice on wet hair, rather than dry.