Believe it or not, I used to hate turtlenecks as a kid. I remember having an itchy, wool sweater that went all the way up my neck, and every Thanksgiving I dreaded wearing it. However, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized how comfy and cozy turtlenecks can be! It’s just about finding the right material.
Turtlenecks are a great asset during the cold months. Not only are they super cute, but turtlenecks are great to keep you warm. Plus, they’re so versatile—you can wear them tons of different ways! And all these add a third piece to your outfit.
Layer turtlenecks with…
– A jean jacket. I love wearing turtlenecks with jean jackets. The two together add depth to your outfit! If you pick a plain color, pair it with a fun necklace to balance things out. Also, choose a fall color like maroon or mustard to embrace the season.
– Overalls. Overalls are super trendy, and they’re not only for summer. Wear a plain-colored turtleneck underneath your overalls, and you’ll be just as warm as you are stylish. Overalls don’t just have to be denim—change it up by wearing corduroy, or even finding a new wash to rock your look.
– A blazer. Feeling preppy? Pair your turtleneck with a blazer! You’ll look chic, sophisticated, and put-together. Pair your turtleneck-blazer combo with a bold necklace to add sparkle.
– A vest. Vests are great when it is too cold for just a t-shirt, but too warm for a bulky coat. Turtlenecks are perfect for wearing underneath.
– A scarf. Wearing a scarf can be a great way to add warmth! I LOVE wearing my knitted wool scarf when it’s cold. Try a patterned scarf for a finished look 🙂
Another idea is to add a sleeveless top over your turtleneck, which allows you to be warm and wear you tank-tops at the same time!