Nutty Chocolate Energy Bites
Yields: 9-11 bites
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (plus more for rolling)
- 1.5 tablespoons hemp seeds (plus more for rolling)
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla almond butter (I love Justin’s!)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1.5 tablespoons water
Using a strong blender or food processor, pulse the dates. Do so until small bites remain or a ball forms. Scoop out and set aside.
Put the almonds & walnuts inside the blender and pulse to a fine meal. Be sure not to pulse too long, as you don’t want to create a butter!
Add the cacao powder, hemp seeds, and sea salt to the blender. Pulse a few more times to combine.
Put the dates back in, and add the almond butter, coconut oil, and water. Pulse again. If the batter is too wet, add a bit of cacao powder.
Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Scoop into rounded tablespoons. I use a cookie scooper to get the job done! Roll in cacao powder and hemp seeds. Store in the refrigerator.