These bars are perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack! I love them in the morning with some nut butter spread on top, and also delicious for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can serve either warm or room temperature.
Turmeric, oatmeal, and sunflower seeds all have amazing health benefits. These bars are soft (rather than crunchy) and have a nutty, spicy taste. Additionally, they are vegan and free of gluten & refined sugars. A wholesome way to start and end any day!
Turmeric Oatmeal Bars with Almond Butter & Sunflower Seeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/6 raw honey
- 1/6 pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (plus more for greasing pan)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using coconut oil, grease a dark baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients expect the sunflower seeds. Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Using a smooth or spatula, smooth so the top is level. Sprinkle on sunflower seeds.
Bake in the oven for 38-40 minutes, until the edges are crispy. Let cool for about 10 minutes.