Below is a page in Glamour magazine, which is part of “The Glamour List” series. “The Glamour List” is a type of article in Glamour that is in the form of a list! The one below is written by Kimberly Bonnell & Pamela Redmond Satran.
I love this one below because it reminds of us of those habits we should hold on to; there is nothing wrong with being passionate, emotional, or, hey, having ice cream now & then.
These habits remind me of when times were simpler, when my biggest problem was deciding what to wear tomorrow. So often is it easy to forget ourselves and who we are. While I’ve said this before, I’ll say it again: You don’t need to be anything for anyone. You, as you are, are good enough.
10-Year-Old Girl Powers We Should All Reclaim
- Binge reading
- Having unapologetic passion for your passions, however nerdy (slugs! geodes!) they may be
- Saying, “Yeah, I want a sundae! With extra whip!”
- Crying, complete with wailing, thrashing, and snot
- Knowing that your love for your friends is fierce and forever
- Getting over a crush in the time it takes to walk home from school
- Mastering every new tech in, oh, nine minutes
- Raising your hand and waving it all around when—ooh, ooh!—you know the answer
- Obliviousness to any need to make yourself a brand
- Living bra-free
“You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.”