Lorelai Gilmore spends the majority of her time in Gilmore Girls chatting, providing us with thousands of quotes for us to enjoy. Whether it is coffee, life advice, or relationships, Lorelai always knows just how to make us laugh. Her are a few of her characteristics & quotes that will be sure to put a smile on your face.
1. She definitely loves her food.
“I would like a cheeseburger, with a side of cheeseburger, and see if they can make me a cheeseburger smoothie.”
2. However, probably not as much as she loves coffee.
“I need coffee in an IV.”
3. She has a unique—and pretty enviable at times—relationship with her daughter, Rory.
“This is it. She can finally go to Harvard like she’s always wanted and get the education that I never got and get to do all the things that I never got to do and then I can resent her for it and we can finally have a normal mother-daughter relationship.”
4. She has a just as unique relationship with her mother, Emily Gilmore, which is crazy, laughable, and, yes, relatable.
“I will have a cheeseburger, onion rings, and a list of people who killed their parents and got away with it. I’m looking for heroes.”
5. She has an incredible ability to say what we’re all thinking.
“I can be flexible. As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I’m totally flexible.”
“It’s all any of us wants, to find a nice person to hang out with ’til we drop dead. Not a lot to ask.”
“I don’t like Mondays but unfortunately, they always come around eventually.”