I made these on a sunny April day, when I was at home sick. I did feel better after I ate a few, but that is ~probably~ due to the Advil I took right before. Nevertheless, these cookies are perfect on a Thursday morning, especially on a day where the sun is out and the temperature is (finally) beginning to increase. Today, for the first time in awhile, feels like spring. Aaand these cookies are perfect to celebrate just that.
Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 small sweet potato, cooked & mashed *
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp. plant milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 4 tbsp. walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
* can substitute for 1/2 cup pure pumpkin purée
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the banana, sweet potato, almond butter, milk, vanilla, agave, baking soda & powder. Combine well.
Add in the oats, flour, and cinnamon. Stir again. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
Place spoonfuls of the batter on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes.